ilien: rainbow (Default)
[personal profile] ilien
In your own space, talk about what you're taking away from this challenge. Did you learn something? Did you interact with new people? Or did you try out different fandoms or formats or relationships? What's changed between Day 1 and Day 15 of this challenge? Leave a comment in this post saying you did it. Include a link to your post if you feel comfortable doing so.

I'm deeply disappointed in my participation in the challenge this year. I did almost all of it last year and the year before that, I met a lot of amazing people and had lots and lots of awesome short interactions - enough to keep me energized for a few months, at least.

This year, as soon as my winter holidays were over on January, 11, I ran our of time. I have so much to do in real life lately, and so little energy and concentration, that I barely managed to find two minutes to read the challenges, let alone ten to write something.

Day 13 is the challenge I've been waiting for the entire year, but I haven't completed it yet. Day 14 is a great challenge I'd really love to do, but I don't have the time to sit down and think about it. I like doing challenges the day they come up - this way, you get a chance at some interesting discussions, and no one (understandably) ever comes back to discuss something that's posted a few days later. Of course I'm going to do Day 13 and Day 14 when I get the time, but I don't think that's going to happen before Monday. Even now, I'm stealing the time from something rather important, at the risk of being late for a commitment, but, well, I guess I need to vent.

Nevertheless, it's been fun. I'm going to answer all the comments I left unanswered, except for Day 1 (because what can I say? Yeah, I'd love to have a weekly snowflake-style challenge, I'm happy there are people who want that, too, but I'm in no position to offer any help running it, so, really, thanks for commenting, let's hope someone will be nice enough to do it? :) ). I hope I'll find the time next week to go through other late fills to make sure I didn't miss anything interesting (if I don't comment, it doesn't mean I don't find it interesting, of course, I just barely ever know what to say).

So, my snowflake challenge, hopefully, isn't over yet. I guess I'll get back to you when it is :)

Date: 2016-01-16 06:25 am (UTC)
analise010: (Default)
From: [personal profile] analise010
...no one (understandably) ever comes back to discuss something that's posted a few days later.

I assume this and I specifically go back (up to 3 days) and look for things that people posted after the fact. Having a quarterly or biannual Snowflake Challenge would be fun, but hard to maintain. These two weeks are special *because* they only come up once a year. We get to savor them and then wait for it to come back around again. If you do go back, I'll be sure to look for your posts. ♥

Profile

ilien: rainbow (Default)
ilien

February 2020

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
91011 12131415
16171819202122
23242526272829

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 01:26 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios