ilien: rainbow (Default)
[personal profile] ilien
In your own space, post a rec for at least three fanworks that you did not create. Leave a comment in this post saying you did it. Include a link to your post if you feel comfortable doing so.

Okay, I know it's been weeks since the challenge was posted, but I wanted to do this particular thing for the entire year, so I'm going to do this now, since real life prevented me from participating in time.

If I had to appoint my personal fandom of the year and ship of the year for 2015, I'd go for X-Men movies and Cherik - that would be my most beloved fandom among the ones I discovered in 2015 - and that's saying something, because in 2015 I also discovered Hannibal and Leverage.

1. Not really a single fanwork, but an X-Men meta blog: charlesanderik2016.wordpress.com. The title is pretty self-explanatory; it's a blog based on the premise that Charles/Erik will become canon in X-Men: Apocalypse. Regardless of whether or not you believe that (The Charles/Erik Conspiracy?), it's an amazing source of information on subtext, details of X-Men universe and the upcoming movie. To be honest, when I ran into the blog, I was quite sceptical, but it almost persuaded me that there's going to be something in the movie that's going to make the pairing.. well, at least as canon as Hannigram, and it definitely persuaded me that there's a lot of subtext in the X-Men movies.

2. Continuing the topic of Cherik, there are quite a lot of fanvids I absolutely loved. My most favourite of them are Sink or Swim by IntoTheHarkness (I know there are several fanvids for this pairing with this particular song, but this one is my favourite), Arms by JediJanine, Can we start again? by LonesomeMultiAngel.

3. And, finally, my most favourite Cherik fic of all time is The Timelime Series by Unforgotten. It's the best fix-it I've ever read (although most fix-its in this fandom are entirely awesome).

Profile

ilien: rainbow (Default)
ilien

February 2020

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
91011 12131415
16171819202122
23242526272829

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 11:02 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios